Welcome to Newcastle Hill Tennis Club
NHTC is a facility-managed club on behalf of City of Newcastle (CN).
CN has recently provided a $5000 grant towards the resurfacing of Court 5.
Membership 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022 now open:
We are open for members and the community with a “Play and Go” policy. You are able to use the courts if the following rules are adhered to:
* You must book a court if you intend to play (member or not). There is an onus on us to record bookings because if a positive case of COVID-19 occurs the authorities need to be able to contact trace people. Please book a court by calling Prue on 0418 264 551. NO BOOKING - NO PLAY.
* Play for members is free, but for the community where court bookings incur a fee, payment must occur via direct deposit to our bank account. Details will be given at time of booking. We will not be accepting cash.
* Do not arrive early, and do not hang around after your booking is finished. PLAY AND GO.
* Please leave gates ajar so that others do not need to handle the gates when entering and exiting.
* Keep 1.5m away from all people, at all times.
* There is a maximum of 4 people on a court.
* Do not touch nets (they will stay up).
* The clubhouse will remain CLOSED (as we cannot sanitise commercially). So be aware there is no bathroom available. You should bring your own water and your own hand sanitiser.
* Cover your coughs and sneezes and dispose of used tissues (take them away with you).
* Be aware of what surfaces you touch, and avoid touching your face.
* Accept the risks - sanitise your hands and racquet after play. You play at your own risk.
* STAY AT HOME IF:
- you have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- have been overseas in the last 14 days
- have flu-like symptoms
Please note that high-risk categories include persons with weakened immune systems; any person aged over 70 (or over 60 for people with pre-existing medical conditions, or over 50 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with pre-existing medical conditions); persons with diagnosed chronic medical conditions (such as lung conditions and kidney failure); people with diabetes; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; very young children (under 5) and babies. Keep this in mind as you play at your own risk.
The Newcastle Hill Tennis Club is set in a beautiful location overlooking the ocean and King Edward Park. The club and synthetic grass courts are well maintained by the club members and are available for hire. A local coach is also available for lessons.
Call 0418 264 551 to book a court or enquire about membership options.
Call Ann on 0417 227 798 to book or enquire about coaching and lessons.
Courts are unlit, so opening hours are daylight hours only. Court fees are as follows:
$15/hr per court for non-members.
Social play (free) for members Thursdays and Saturdays from 1.30pm
Nets are provided. Bring your own racquets and balls. (Balls for social play afternoons are provided).
Members and casual players are requested to respect the direction from the committee in regards to play and to conduct themselves in a civil manner when playing at the club. Tennis shoes must be worn when playing.
Membership categories are:
Student (15 to 25 years) $50
Children (up to 15 years) $50 - must join with a guardian ($130)
Secure a booking by calling 0418 264 551. Please note that due to COVID, access to the clubhouse is not available.
Coaching with Ann Hamilton, 0417 227 798: Tennis lessons for all ages, private or semi private at $60/hr or $30/half hour - available 7 days a week. Ann also runs school holiday tennis clinics and round robin tournaments for juniors and a Wednesday social women's comp throughout the year. Fun Sunday kids' match play is on the last Sunday of the month. (This is match play, so not for very little kids).
Newcastle Hill Tennis Club is an Active Kids provider, so you can claim school term tennis lessons for your kids.
If you have any other queries, please message us on Facebook or email us at email@example.com
FUN SUNDAYS for kids' match play (not very little kids) are held usually on the last Sunday of every month from 3.00pm to 5.00pm with coach, Ann Hamilton.
Cost is $10.00 to participate. Parents accompanying children can hire a court and have a hit while the children are participating in FUN SUNDAY if they would like to.
Prizes for the kids!
To register for any of the FUN SUNDAYS, please call or text Ann Hamilton on 0417 227 798* Get the kids active - and see you there!